The atmosphere of the magic places that host this legend is magic, and it is difficult to consider it just a fairy tale. These are special places, fascinating, and full of energy. The sword, a tool of war, is transformed into an instrument of peace; the mantle, tool of pride of a knight, is transformed into an instrument of humility. The Galgano’s story is very similar to that St. Francis‘s story, both leave a world of empty entertainment and corruption, to devote themself to the next and pray.
There are several points in common with the legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, in which the protagonist is just the sword in the stone, as well as the knight Gawain, who carries the same identical name of Galgano. Probably the author of the story of King Arthur had visited those places and absorbed the legend.
– Leaving from Florence at 10.00 (appointment at bistrot De-Gustibus Piazza Torquato Tasso 13red Firenze or at a prefixed point);
– Arrival in Monteriggioni and visit the medieval village with the possibility of the walkway along the medieval walls with a beautiful panoramic view of the surrounding valleys;
– Lunch at a small associated farm . Visit the farm and their productive activity. Taste local products accompanied by red or white wine, water and other specialties of the farm;
– Early afternoon we start to visit the beautiful Church of San Galgano and the shrine of the sword in the stone;
– On the way back, through the panormaic route, a second wine tasting.
– Return to Florence by 18:00
At the end of the tour “for those who still did not have enough”, you can stop at De-Gustibus Culinaria bistrot for a glass of wine or to have dinner in good company !
With us you will not live an ordinary tour: as said before we are going to share with you a human and life experience and to “explore” the lifestyle of our country listening to those who live it. You can establish a personal relationship with the farmers and not only taste their products …
Visits to farms will not be just a quick stop for a glass of wine, but a real “intercultural experience“.
Period: all year on request.
How many: from 2 to 8 people. Pick-up at the meeting point agreed, in Florence or elsewhere.
Frequency: until December 2015 every day at 10:00 am.
Price full day (adults): 2 pax 165 € each; 3 pax 126 € each, 4 pax 110 € each, 5 pax 105 € each, 6 pax 105 € each, 7 pax 98 € each, 8 pax 95 € each.
IMPORTANT: children aged 6 to 15 years 50% discount / Children 0-5 FREE.
What’s included: De Gustibus Network card valid for the whole year, round-trip from Florence by car or comfortable Minivan Degusti-Bus + driver / guide + tasting + lunch in the company.
Please note: that the law in Italy does not allow the sale of alcohol to young people under 16 as children under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages. Let us know in advance any special need or for people with reduced mobility and will do our best to accommodate you.
For any further request, please cantact:
Tommaso: email@example.com(tour planner) +39 340 5796207,
Gilberto: firstname.lastname@example.org(tour leader) +39 393 2355445.
Find us on Facebook as DeGustibus Network
Technical Direction Provided by We Like Tuscany SAS – p.iva 0634430482 – Lic. n. FI620691